Please be patient, image files may take awhile to load, depending on their sizes and on your own internet connection speed.
HODAKA DAYS 2004 -- Winners Lists
DIRT SQUIRT RAFFLE
Many worked to get this bike together for the raffle: Roger Lippiatt rebuilt the engine; Paul Stannard "found" the bike to contribute and tossed in parts; David Rozier helped with assembly. Over $2500 was raised in the raffle for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Oregon.
Photos of bikes are scattered throughout pages, but there's some especially good ones by Ed Chesnut and Stu Osborn; please visit BIKESHOW page.
Judging this year was by ballot of those in attendance.
- Class 1 (A framed) -- Milo Linville, Sr., 1966 Ace90
- Class 2 (B and E framed) - Dale Snyder, 1971 Super Rat
- Class 3 (C and D framed) - Rusty Shibley, 1973 Combat Wombat
- Class 4 (F and G framed) - Steve Mitchell, 1971 Super Combat
- Class 5 (H,K,L, M, Q framed) - Larry Cannady, 125 SL/03
- Class 6 (J, N, P framed) - Greg Floren, 1978 250SL
- Class 7 (Other Hodaka-powered and custom) - George Cone, Road Racer
- Custom Trials Class - Danny Messmore, 1972 Combat Wombat
- BEST OF SHOW: Steve Mitchell's 1974 Super Combat
FIELD MEET GAMES
For photos of Field Meet games and spectators, please see CLICK HERE.
- Bottle Race - Devin Griggs
- Barrel Race - Jeff Hackett
- 2x4 Plank Race - Doug McDuffy
- Slow Race - Jay Lael (with a likely record-breaking time of 1 minute, 10 seconds!)
- Spoon Race - Rich and Kyra Gagnon
For photos of Observed Trials and spectators, as well as commentary, please see CLICK HERE.
- Jay Lael, first place, with 12 points total and 5 clean runs out of 10 overall sections.
- Kenny Olsen, 2nd
- Eric Smith, 3rd
- Kelly Corwin (riding trials for first time in about 30 years), 4th.
INTERMEDIATE LINE: Mike Falcioni, first place.
- Jubal Brown, first place (and his first trials riding!)
- Danny Messmore, 2nd
- Rich Gagnon, 3rd.
[note: bike/rider numbers given when known]
100 Piston Port
100 Reed Valve
- 1st..........35Z Paul Duchene
- 2nd..........94K Thal Anderson
- 1st ..........2 Greg Bastek
- 2nd......... 81 Lyndell Raphael
- 3rd..........57 Joby Reed
125 Piston Port
- 1st..........59R Jay Lael
- 2nd..........67 Gene Cannady
- 3rd..........13 Chris Stannard
125 Reed Valve
- 1st..........53 Greg Bastek
- 2nd...........57V William Grubin
- 3rd...........57 Steve Mitchell
- 4th..........9 Jeff Hackett
- 1st..........Danny Messmore
- 2nd..........Eric Smith
- 1st...........371 Holly (Taylor) Carrera
- 2nd..........4 Amy Stannard
- 3rd...........1 Kyra Gagnon
- 4th..........13 Chelsie Douty
Thanks to Al Pedro for getting that winners listing; email if there's a spelling error, please, and we will correct later in July. Below are photos of awards being given; thanks to Ed Chesnut. It's Steve Mitchell in photo to right below; others are labelled.
The banner so prominently displayed at park and at Scrambles event was made possible by sponsors Strictly Hodaka, Rocky Mountain Hodaka, Sooner Cycles, Steve's Hodaka, and West Coast Hodaka. Thanks go to those firms' head honchos (Paul Stannard, Steve Simmons, George Cone, Steve Kaufman, Thal Anderson) for their sponsorship. The banner will be re-used year after year!!
For files of original images, please contact Hodaka Days.
All material on this website is covered by umbrella of copyright of June 2004 by JHM Associates.
TO RETURN TO HOMEPAGE WITH LINKS for photo and winners pages, CLICK HERE.